Giolee Global Resources Limited is currently recruiting for the position of a Laboratory analyst.
1. Prepare test solutions and reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct tests.
2. Analyse organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships and reactions utilizing chromatography, spectroscopy etc techniques.
3. Develop, improve and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes and analytical methods in line with standard practice.
4. Provide weekly reports on status of laboratory equipment, stock laboratory solutions, standards, reagents and chemicals.
5. Compile and analyse test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions.
6. Confer with analysts to conduct analyses on projects, interpret test results and develop non-standard tests.
7. Liaise with analysts in test procedures for analysing components and physical properties of materials. Induce changes in the composition of substances by introducing heat, light, energy and chemical catalysts for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
8. Using computers and computer system (hardware and software) to program, set up functions, enter data and process information.
9. Ensure proper housekeeping in the laboratory, up to date calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
1. Minimum of bachelor’s degree or HND in any of the following sciences: Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry option).
2. Minimum of 3 years practical experience in an environmental laboratory.
3. Sound laboratory analytical and procedural skills.
4. Knowledge of MS Office suite, Chemstation, Mass hunter, Mp Expert and AA Win 3.0 software.
Interested and qualified persons should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.