Giolee has accredited laboratory which provides environmental and petroleum testing services for the oil and gas sector, government agencies, private individuals. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, fast, independent, reliable and apply EPA methods together with other approved methods to analyze our samples.
The scope of our tests and analyses includes but not limited to:
- Air and gas
- Soil, sludge and sediment
- Water (waste water, groundwater, surface water, process water, drinking water, ballast water, sea water)
- Waste (hazardous waste, industrial waste)
- Petroleum product/crude oil analysis
Wet chemistry is a form of analytical chemistry that uses classical methods such as observation to analyze materials. It is called wet chemistry since most analysis are done in the liquid phase. Wet chemistry is also called bench chemistry since many tests are performed on lab benches. Wet chemistry commonly uses glassware such as beakers and graduated cylinders to prevent materials from being contaminated or interfered with by unintended sources.
The term heavy metal refers to any metallic chemical element that has a relatively high density and is toxic or poisonous at low concentrations. Examples of heavy metals include Mercury (Hg), Cadmium (Cd), Arsenic (As), Chromium (Cr) and lead (Pb). Heavy metals are natural components of the Earth’s crust. They cannot be degraded or destroyed. To a small extent they enter our bodies via food, drinking water and air. As trace elements, some heavy metals (e.g. copper, selenium, zinc) are essential to maintain the metabolism of the human body. However, at higher concentrations they can lead to poisoning. Heavy metal poisoning could result, for instance, from drinking-water contamination (e.g. lead pipes), high ambient air concentrations near emission sources, or intake via the food chain.
Heavy metals are dangerous because they tend to bio accumulate. Bioaccumulation means an increase in the concentration of a chemical in a biological organism over time, compared to the chemical’s concentration in the environment. Compounds accumulate in living things any time they are taken up and stored faster than they are broken down (metabolized) or excreted.
Heavy metals can enter a water supply by industrial and consumer waste, or even from acidic rain breaking down soils and releasing heavy metals into streams, lakes, rivers, and groundwater.
Heavy metals Unit: Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
Toxicology is the scientific study of adverse effects that occur in living organisms due to chemicals. It involves observing and reporting symptoms, mechanisms, detection and treatments of toxic substances, in particular relation to the poisoning of humans.
It includes environmental agents and chemical compounds found in nature. These substances may produce toxic effects in living organisms including disturbance in growth patterns, discomfort, disease and death.
An organic compound is any member of a large class of gaseous, liquid, or solid chemical compounds whose molecules contain carbons.
Organic Unit: Gas Chromatograph Flame Ionization Detector
Giolee Laboratory undertakes qualitative and quantitative microbiological and physio-chemical analysis of soil, air, oil, water, industrial effluent and processed food materials for biodegradability etc.
Giolee Laboratory aims to provide the very best Environmental and chemical testing across Nigeria. The foundation of our approach is to be easy to do business with and to deliver fast and accurate results with modern information technology. We take pride in providing excellent customer service, if we fail – we try harder.
Our services are not limited to the following;
- Hydrocarbon and crude oil Analysis
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbon (TPH)
- Polyaromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH)
- Water content,
- Density (specific gravity),
- Sulphated ash (sulphur/ash content)
- Total Hydrocarbon content (THC)
- Oil and grease content
- Kinematic Viscosity,
- Flash point, pour point, cloud point
- Total base number (TBN),
- Total acid number (TAN),
- Bottom Sediments & Water (BS & W)
- Reid Vapour Pressure (RVP)
- Specific Gravity (SG)
- Finger Printing
- Water/Effluent/soil Analysis
- In-situ measurements (PH, TDS, EC, Salinity, DO)
- Quantitative/Qualitative determination of Heavy/Trace metals
- Physico-chemical analysis of water/soil
- Soil characterization and profiling
- Industrial effluent monitoring and analysis
- Rain water quality assessments,
- Surface/underground water quality assessments
- Biological and microbiological analysis of water.
- Biological/Microbiological analysis
- Benthic organism
- Plankton analysis,
- Hydrocarbon utilizing bacteria
- Hydrocarbon utilizing fungi
- Total heterotrophic bacteria count
- Total heterotrophic fungi count
- Sulphate reducing bacteria
- Total Coliform
- Bio- monitoring
- Toxicology Test
- Biodegradability test
- Eco toxicological analysis
Quality Assurance Policy
Giolee laboratory is committed to providing its clients with the highest quality data based on consistent proficiency test carried out with some international laboratories. We recognizes that data produced by our laboratories will often be used to make important and expensive decisions or as evidence in law courts. Thus the quality of data is of paramount importance and cannot be compromised by our team of experts.